In the case of Death arising out of the accident while on duty in the vehicles covered under the scheme, financial assistance of rupees 2,00,000 shall be granted to the immediate heir.
The applicant shall submit application in the Form of 9B along with the following documents;
- copy of certificate of death issued by competent authority
- copy of FIR about the accident obtained from the police department
- copy of postmortem report issued by competent authority
- copy of relevant pages of ration card in which the name of deceased member was included
- copy of certificates showing the applicants relation with deceased issued by concerned village officer.
The Chief Executive Officer or any other officer authorised by him shall make necessary enquiry about the application within 60 days of the receipt of the same and issue appropriate orders subject to the decision of the board.