Accidental medical benefit
A member shall be eligible for medical benefit for the accident treatment if he have completed 2 years of continuous membership in the fund provided
- He shall be a live member in the fund
- The accident shall occcur while on a dutyin the vehicle covered under the scheme
- he shall have minimum 72 hours of inpatient treatment
- Submit application within 60 days from the date of discharge from hospital.
- The amount shall be limited to either 50% of the actual charges incurred or one lakh whichever is less subject to board decession.
In addition to the above a member of the fund who was undergone treatment for any diseases for at least 72 hours of hospitalized medical treatment shall be entitled for rupees 5000 or 50 percentage of actual charges incurred which ever is less subject to board decision.